Measuring laptop size is not a trivial task, but it doesn’t have to be difficult either. In this article, we will discuss how to measure laptop size in a simple and straightforward manner.
When buying a laptop, you need to know what size it is. But how can you determine the actual size of a laptop? It’s a simple question, but there are a few different ways to go about answering it.
You may be able to look at the size of the laptop itself, or you may need to look at the screen size. But which way is the best way to go about this? In this post, we’re going to walk through the process of determining the size of a laptop by looking at the screen size. If you want to record the entire screen of your laptop and nothing know about that then check out how to screen record on laptop?
What to Know Before Measuring the Size of Your Laptop:
- The first thing you need to consider is how much space you have. Will you be using it in a home office or working from a café?
- The screen size matters less if you are working from home because you won’t need to be able to see your screen.
- The same goes for the keyboard and mouse. However, if you are working in an office setting, you’ll want to consider how comfortable the keyboard and mouse feel.
- While there are larger laptops, they can be heavier and bulkier. If you work on the go, you’ll want to consider how much weight you can carry around.
- Laptops with a thicker profile are often easier to carry around and use on the go. The thickness of the laptop is also important to consider. Some laptops are thicker than others.
- You’ll want to try out a variety of laptops so you can find one that feels the most comfortable. As for the weight, the size of the laptop is a major factor in determining how much laptop weighs. Laptops that are smaller tend to weigh less than laptops that are larger.
- If you are looking for a portable laptop, you’ll want to keep this in mind when you are comparing different laptops.
Sometimes you may have to split your laptop screen to do multiple task and fail to do that we recommend you to check out how to split screen on your laptop?
Things you need to measure a laptop size:
Things you need to measure a laptop size you need
- A ruler
How to measure laptop size:
- Measure the laptop size for your new laptop before you buy it. This will help you choose the right laptop size for you.
- To measure laptop size, remove the battery and connect your laptop to the wall socket.
- Then, hold the laptop in your hand with the screen facing towards your body.
- Measure the height and width of the laptop by placing the top of your thumb on the edge of the screen.
- Record the measurement on a piece of paper.
How to measure laptop screen:
Follow the steps in how to measure laptop screen size:
- Place the ruler next to the screen
- Put the ruler on the left edge of the screen. This is where the ruler will be placed when you measure the width of the screen.
- Measure the distance from the top of the screen to the bottom of the ruler. This will be your height.
- Place the ruler on the right edge of the screen. This is where the ruler will be placed when you measure the height of the screen.
- Measure the width of the screen by placing the ruler along the top edge of the screen. This will be your width.
If your laptop screen has a lot of dust on the front size and you don’t want to take any kind of risk then check out how to clean a matte laptop screen?
How to measure laptop size online?
Follow the steps on how to measure laptop size online:
- Type the Laptop Size Search Term
To find the size of a laptop, you’ll need to type the word “laptop” followed by the model number of the laptop you want to check. For example, if you wanted to see the size of a MacBook Pro, you would type “laptop MacBook Pro”.
It’s important to note that this method only works for laptops. You cannot type “laptop size”, “laptop screen size”, or anything similar. You must type the exact name of the laptop followed by its model number.
- Find the Model Number Online
The model number is usually printed on the back of the laptop. If it’s not there, you can search for it online. For example, you can type “MacBook Pro” in Google and click on the “Search” button at the top.
- Read Reviews of Laptop Models
Reviews of different models of laptops can give you a good idea of what to expect from that particular model. To find reviews, you can simply search for the laptop name in Google.
In conclusion, if you’re not sure what size laptop to buy, there are a few things you can do to narrow down your choices. First, you can measure the length, width, and thickness of the laptop to determine its size.
If you’re looking for something with a smaller screen, you can also check out the 13-inch MacBook Air. It has a much smaller screen than most 15-inch laptops.
- How to fix a cracked laptop screen without replacing it?
- How much does it cost to fix a laptop screen?
- How to connect two monitors to a laptop?
- How to cool down a laptop while gaming?
- How to increase the processor speed?
What is the best way to measure the size of a laptop?
There are many ways to measure the size of a laptop. You can use a tape measure, a ruler, or a protractor.
How do I measure the height of my laptop?
There are two ways to measure the height of a laptop. You can measure the length of the bottom of the laptop, or you can measure the thickness of the laptop.
How do I measure the width of my laptop?
You can measure the width of the laptop by holding the laptop in front of you and then measuring the distance from the top to the bottom of the laptop.
How do I measure the thickness of my laptop?
You can measure the thickness of the laptop by placing it on a flat surface and then measuring the height of the laptop from the top to the bottom.
How do I measure the length of my laptop?
You can measure the length of the laptop by using a tape measure.
Syed is an entrepreneur PC-loving as well as a Laptop Expert and person who is the visionary in the creation of Laptops Mag. He is obsessed with Laptops as well as their components and is constantly seeking to know more. Through Laptops mag, he hopes to transform and alter the way online reviews are conducted.